Compact SSH?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Dec 6 16:35:14 EST 2003

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:47:55 -0800, Thomas DuBuisson muttered:
> I am looking for a micro ssh server/client implementation.  This
> implementation would have to be small enough to run on microprocessors.
> e.g. systems with <512KB memory and ~20Mhz 8bit processors - like a Rabbit
> or a PIC.

You might want to investigate dropbear for the server side.  It's a
server-only SSH2 implementation.

http://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/

[quote]
Features

* A small memory footprint - Dropbear can compile to a 110kB statically
linked binary with uClibc (and only minimal options selected).
[/quote]

Are you sure you have enough CPU for this?  People have issues with speed
on eg, older SPARCs, and they're faster and 32 bit...

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.