SSH for OS/390 (ODBC SSH-Tunneling to OS/390)

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Dec 20 05:10:33 EST 2003

My knowledge of IBM hardware is weak at beast.  I know more about
AIX/pSeries (which is not much).  So regretfully I can't give you any
direct help.

And yes, ODBC may have blob types so it could heavily depend on the
encoding.  However, if you have non-OS/390 clients and you can do the
communications without SSH to secure it.  Then I would suspect the ODBC
connection would do the translation for you and it may not be an issue.

Any direct issues feel free to post.  We may be able to give you advice,
but I doubt anyone on the project team has an OS/390 box in their basement
(and heaven help us if we did =).

- Ben