No -b (bind) with SCP?

jpiszcz jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com
Tue Feb 4 01:01:56 EST 2003

In man ssh:

     -b bind_address
             Specify the interface to transmit from on machines with
multiple
             interfaces or aliased addresses.

For ssh, but also looked in SCP manpage, didn't find anything, anyone
know if this option will be supported in future versions of OpenSSH?

$ scp -b
scp: illegal option -- b
usage: scp [-pqrvBC46] [-F config] [-S program] [-P port]
           [-c cipher] [-i identity] [-o option]
           [[user@]host1:]file1 [...] [[user@]host2:]file2
$

I have two IP's, one goes out cable, another DSL, ssh -b works fine for
binding to either, but I would like to bind to a specific IP when I do
SCP transfers.