Putty won't work when priv-sep turned on on AIX systems

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Feb 11 01:02:26 EST 2003

Mark Janssen wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 12:38, Darren Tucker wrote:
> > Mark Janssen wrote:
> > Try enabling PuTTY's logging (Session->Logging->Log SSH packet data),
> > that should give a better idea of where the problem's occurring.
>
> It happens after the password is entered, afaik just when normally the
> shell should be exec'd on the unix side.

> buffer_append_space: alloc 10506240 not supported

10506240 = 0xa05000

FWIW the next debug message is (on linux anyway)
debug1: server_input_channel_open: ctype session rchan 0 win 65536 max
16384
debug1: input_session_request
debug1: channel 0: new [server-session]

It hasn't made it as far as the shell, I think the putty packet log
would still be worth looking at.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.