scp + .bashrc buglet

Christian Vogel chris at obelix.hedonism.cx
Sun Feb 16 00:31:14 EST 2003

Hi,

just check in your .bashrc if this shell is really
a interactive one, for example like this, to avoid
messing around with the output of e.g. shell-scripts...:

--- .bashrc: ---
case "$-" in
	*i*) # Interactive Shell!
		echo "Welcome on `hostname`!" # Hello
		/usr/games/fortune   # Fortune
		ddate                # Discordian Date
		PS1='\u@\h \w\$'     # Fancy Prompt
		# check for mail
		# blah...
	;;
esac

	Chris

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 02:55:17PM -0200, insecure at mail.od.ua wrote:
> Just a quick note: this is my .bashrc:
(...)

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when
         -- found in the .sig of Rob Riggs, rriggs at tesser.com