openssh 3.5p1 with openssl-0.9.7a - long

Jason McCormick jason at devrandom.org
Sun Feb 23 06:06:39 EST 2003

On Saturday 22 February 2003 05:19, you wrote:
> Hello Jason,
>
> Saturday, February 22, 2003, 6:49:52 AM, you wrote:
> > Anyway, this long-winded diatribe is how I've gotten around my SSL
> > problems in my vast array of RH 7.0 through 8.0 servers.
>
> This is real pain in the ass :-)
>
> ln -s will tell You the truth :-)

ln -s will not always work.  If you have a binary that's looking for a
specific compiled-in version tag of OpenSSL then simply linking the
right .so files will not work.  This prevents the openssl libraries
from being replaced by malicious code. Also, as was mentioned earlier,
the API interface for openssl can change between versions.

--
Jason McCormick
jason at devrandom.org