ssh 3.1p1 problems on SX-6...

Manish Kumar Srivastava, Noida mks at noida.hcltech.com
Tue Jan 7 01:03:33 EST 2003

Hello,

We are porting openssh-3.1p1 onto SX-6 running on SuperUX.
We landed into problem when we started running sshd with
the default encryption settings. As you would have already
seen on this mailing list.

Basically we are facing two problems (both client and servers
run on SX):-

1) If the we use the default encryption algorithm aes128-cbc
   then we get a Bad Packet length problem on server side.

2) If we run the sshd after setting encryption algorithm
   to say 3des-cbc or aes192-cbc, then everything works fine
   except for sftp. When we exit from sftp then it hangs in
   select() called from server_loop2().

Both the problems are posted on the mailing list and both
recur with the latest version of openssh i.e. 3.5p1 with
openssl 0.9.6b. Kindly suggest something. We want to fix
the problems.

Best Regards

Manish