HP-UX 11.11 question

Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner) Eric.Ladner at chevrontexaco.com
Tue Jan 21 00:32:18 EST 2003

I recently compiled 3.5p1 on a HP-UX 11.11 box.

Any time I use ssh (either locally or connecting from remote) I get a
Memory fault.  The backtrace in gdb looks something like this (from
memory):

Libc (free())
Libc (something else)
Libnss (something related to DNS)
Libc
Ssh (get_connect())

I think it's the get_connect or get_connection in ssh where the called
function is failing.  This seems like a libc/libnss bug on HP-UX.  I can
try to get an actual backtrace later if necessary - I don't have access
to the box at the moment.  I was just hoping this would jog somebody's
memory.

I've changed around the nsswitch.conf file some to see if it was bad
options in the file causing some of the nss functions to bomb, but
nothing has helped.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks,

Eric