ssh-askpass keyboard grab problems

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 24 02:05:28 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 01:33, Jim Knoble wrote:
> In order to convince ssh to use the SSH_ASKPASS program to prompt for a
> password or passphrase, the following conditions must be met:
>
>   (1) DISPLAY must be set (to a valid X display, obviously)

There's a patch to fix this attached to Bug #69.

In <20030326215613.GA11953 at folly>, markus at openbsd.org said it can be
applied after the 3.6 release.

>   (2) There must be no controlling terminal

I'd really like to fix this too -- if not for the existing $SSH_ASKPASS
then for _something_ -- I don't care too much if it's an environment
variable such $SIMON_SAYS_SSH_ASKPASS or a new 'AskPass' option.

--
dwmw2