errors when running multiple openssh sessions

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Tue Jun 17 07:50:46 EST 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> Ben--
>
>     Is there a secure method of doing IPC within a single host?

I think I see where you are heading with this.  We do something like this
at my job.  Where we have a backend perl services that listen to a named
pipe and acts as the 'middleware' for local and remote hosts (remote
hosts stuff is done over reverse http.. Don't ask.. I didn't write it.
It is pretty sick).

But no I don't know of a way in the current code to bridge the gap
between the named pipe and the 'middleware' using ssh in a secure/limited
way.

The best one could do at this point would be one global:
ssh -L xx:localhost:yy  put the smarts on the remote service and allow
anyone on the box to send requests.  Would be interesting to see something
like a "-L /dir/namedpipe:yy", but I'm not sure how that would play out.

- Ben