blibpath changes for AIX

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat May 17 10:47:28 EST 2003

Markus Alt wrote:
> So the new behaviour is a kind of security measure if I understand this
> correctly. And I will have to judge whether I trust the installation in
> the given directory, but this will not happen automatically. Makes
> sense.

Yes, if you're using shared libraries and putting them somewhere unusual
then you need to tell configure about it.

It would be nice if the AIX linker only added a given directory to
blibpath if there was a shared library there that it needed.  If there
were only static libraries in a given path then it would be used at link
time but not added to blibpath.

That way everything that currently works would still work but there would
be less nasty surprises.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.