sshd crashing on IRIX (3.6.1p1)

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri May 23 15:09:33 EST 2003

Kevin Taylor wrote:
> Occasionally, we're noticing that sshd is core dumping on our IRIX
> 6.5.18f machine.
[snip]
> Any helpful thoughts?

Is there anything (eg a "fatal") in wherever syslog is sending sshd's
logs (possibly authlog)?

A change recently went into sshd so the monitor will pass some signals
on to its child, but SEGV isn't one of them.  Should the monitor shut
down the child in this case too?  It probably shouldn't pass the SEGV
through but maybe it should send a SIGTERM instead?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG Fingerprint D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69