AIX patch for openssh-3.7.1p2

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 5 11:14:15 EST 2003

Matt Richards wrote:
[snip]
> After looking at it some more, it seems to be the setpcred call and
> set_authdb. Local users it seems to work okay, however AFS/DFS users,
> the setpcred fails. I believe it may have something to do with DCE,
> but I will investigate further.
[snip]
> "Failed to set process credentials" comes from setpcred in
> do_setusercontext in session.c.

It looks like the AFS registry module doesn't support setpcred (along with
loginsucess(), sigh).

[snip]
> > That's the output of AC_CHECK_FUNC and it's an #ifndef and not #ifdef.
> > Can you please post the fragment of config.log where it's failing?
> configure:3281: checking whether loginfailed is declared
> configure:3303: /usr/vacpp/bin/cc -c -g  -I/usr/local/include conftest.c
> >&5
> "configure", line 3294.22: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier loginfailed.

The loginfailed() test in configure is just there to figure out how many
arguments it takes.  It's still used (as long as WITH_AIXAUTHENTICATE is
defined, see below) if the test fails.
It's done this way because earlier AIXes don't define it in the headers at
all, and on those versions it takes 3 arguments.  Some versions define it
and take 3 args, and later versions (just 5.2 I think) define it and take
4 args.  The compile test is specifically for the 4-argument version, so
the logic is (or, at least, should be):

if not defined
	use 3args
else
	if test compile fails
		use 3args
	else
		use 4args

[snip]
> > CUSTOM_FAILED_LOGIN should be defined automatically be configure.

> CUSTOM_FAILED_LOGIN is not detected/tested by configure. It used to be
> part of the AIX build. It is not now. Perhaps it should be an AIX
> define instead of CUSTOM_FAILED_LOGIN.

Correction, CUSTOM_FAILED_LOGIN is defined in port-aix.h if
WITH_AIXAUTHENTICATE is defined.  It's WITH_AIXAUTHENTICATE that is
detected by configure.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.