AIX patch for openssh-3.7.1p2

Matt Richards matter at sover.net
Thu Nov 6 01:29:45 EST 2003

>It looks like the AFS registry module doesn't support setpcred (along
with
>loginsucess(), sigh).

The AFS registry does support the loginsuccess and loginfailure (I have
done    it in other applications), however there seems to be a bug in
setpcred/setauthdb which does not play nice with DCE.

>The loginfailed() test in configure is just there to figure out how many
>arguments it takes.  It's still used (as long as WITH_AIXAUTHENTICATE is
>defined, see below) if the test fails.

I understand this part, put there are two loginfailed tests in configure.
One is to test the existence of loginfailed and another to test how
many arguments it takes. The test for the arguments is never executed if
the loginfailed test fails.

>Correction, CUSTOM_FAILED_LOGIN is defined in port-aix.h if
>WITH_AIXAUTHENTICATE is defined.  It's WITH_AIXAUTHENTICATE that is
>detected by configure.

That is correct, thanks for the info.

I still believe that

       conf_wtmp_location=/var/adm/wtmp

should still be added to the configure script. It is done that way for
Next.