openssh-3.7.1p2 on HP-UX 10.20

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Fri Nov 14 21:58:55 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:41:52AM +0000, Will Parsons wrote:
> Bagdoo.Jean at hydro.qc.ca <Bagdoo.Jean at hydro.qc.ca> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have dowloaded all that is required to build a working OpenSSH on HP-UX
> > 10.20 from the HP-UX Porting and Archibve centre (this seems to be the only
> > way to go for 10.20). Make/install of all prerequisites has scucceeded. Now
> > make of openssh-3.7.1p2 gives the following:
> >
> > gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized -I. -I.. -I. -I./..
> > -I/usr/local/openssl-0.9.7b/include -I/opt/zlib/include -D_HPUX_SOURCE
> > -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
> > getrrsetbyname.c
> > getrrsetbyname.c: In function `getrrsetbyname':
> > getrrsetbyname.c:191: warning: implicit declaration of function `res_init'
> > getrrsetbyname.c:207: warning: implicit declaration of function `res_query'
> > getrrsetbyname.c:265: `T_SIG' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > getrrsetbyname.c:265: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > getrrsetbyname.c:265: for each function it appears in.)
> > getrrsetbyname.c: In function `parse_dns_response':
> > getrrsetbyname.c:366: `HFIXEDSZ' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > getrrsetbyname.c: In function `parse_dns_qsection':
> > getrrsetbyname.c:437: warning: implicit declaration of function `dn_expand'
> > *** Error exit code 1

For me it seems, that the code in question is only compiled in, if --with-dns
is during configuration. At least the original HP-UX 10.20 is shipped with
Bind 4.x is missing the API required. I just had a look into my (self-installed)
Bind 8.x header files and they seem to include the necessary declarations.
You should therefore install bind8 and include the corresponding
include file and library options to build against bind8. (Or maybe bind9,
I never tried bind9's resolver libraries.)

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/