Testing of recent commits

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 01:43:31 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:45:26PM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> There have been a few recent commits to portable OpenSSH that require
> testing. It would be appreciated if you could grab the 20031118 (or
> later) snapshot and give it a try on your platforms of choice.

I had no time to build latest openssh from CVS for a few weeks now
and, unfortunately, a change from last month results in not being
able to build on Cygwin:

20031015
    - (dtucker) [acconfig.h configure.ac dns.c openbsd-compat/getrrsetbyname.c
      openbsd-compat/getrrsetbyname.h] DNS fingerprint support is now always
      compiled in but disabled in config.

The problem is that this change requires a system to have the
DNS query functions and header files arpa/nameser.h and resolv.h
which are not available on Cygwin.  There exists an implementation
but it's not part of Cygwin so far.

Building OpenSSH works probably fine again, if the above change is
reverted, including all code snippets, which were ifdef'd DNS before.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer