Testing of recent commits

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 21:36:16 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:44:26AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 03:43:31PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > 20031015
> >     - (dtucker) [acconfig.h configure.ac dns.c openbsd-compat/getrrsetbyname.c
> >       openbsd-compat/getrrsetbyname.h] DNS fingerprint support is now always
> >       compiled in but disabled in config.
> >
> > The problem is that this change requires a system to have the
> > DNS query functions and header files arpa/nameser.h and resolv.h
> > which are not available on Cygwin.  There exists an implementation
> > but it's not part of Cygwin so far.
>
> FYI, it's a resolver library called minires.  [...]  I'm now trying
> to get minires into the Cygwin distribution so that OpenSSH can rely on a
> resolver lib also on Cygwin.  This will be handled within the next few days.
> [...] due to the way minires exports the symbols, the current tests for
> libresolve in configure are failing on Cygwin.  I'm talking about this
> with the minires developer first, so a patch can wait for a while.

Another FYI:  Minires is part of the Cygwin net distribution since today.
The configure problem has been solved by introducing sort of weak symbols
similar to the Linux libresolv.so.

So, current OpenSSH finally builds and runs on Cygwin again, if the minires
and minres-devel packages from the net distribution are installed.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer