Testing of recent commits

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Nov 21 10:19:46 EST 2003

sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk wrote:
> If you're interested I could probably find a machine here to do
> Linux GSSAPI builds for the tinderbox.

Sure!  Better test coverage will hopefully mean less bugs in the shipping
versions.

You can do build only, or build-and-test.

First the caveats:

1) You will be trusting anyone with OpenSSH commit access whatever
privileges the tests run as.  Some configs can be tested as a normal user,
but some (eg PAM) require root.  Note that unless you audit the code
before you do "make install", you are already to a lesser degree.

2) Currently the regression tests don't test any authentication methods
requiring user interaction (eg password, keyboard-interactive).  It would
be possible to do tests with "expect" but currently we don't.  I don't
know what level of interaction testing gssapi would require.

3) The machine will need to be able to run "cvs update" and send mail.

I'll send you my test driver script so you can see what it does.  You'll
probably need to customize it.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.