Testing of recent commits

Darren Cole dcole at keysoftsys.com
Sat Nov 29 06:31:57 EST 2003

> To summarize options for HP-UX 10.20:
> 1) make DNS support optional again
> 2) have people install Bind 8 and patch arpa/inet.h
> 3) have people install Bind 9 and fix the autoconf handling to actually
>    support this setup.
>
> Option 1) will cause the least amount of traffic on the list and still
> allows
> people to choose "--with-dns" and 2) or 3). Options 2) and 3) will most
> likely lead to repeated problem reports for HP-UX 10.20 (don't know how
> widespread this version actually is).
>
> Best regards,
> 	Lutz
> --
> Lutz Jaenicke
> Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
> http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
> BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
> Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus

For some options 2 or 3 wont work.  Option one will be preferred by me,
or at least by hp-ux 10.26 (Trusted CMW).  For our developer machines
installing a new bind isn't a really big deal.  So what.  The problem
is the installing it on fielded machines, which is a much bigger deal.
It takes time, and probably wont be approved (regardless of the need by
openssh).

--
   Darren Cole
   Software Engineer