Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)

Steve Belt (rgpg70) Steve.Belt at motorola.com
Fri Oct 3 03:53:28 EST 2003

Hello,

I have recently downloaded and compiled openssh-3.7.1p2 on both HP-UX
10.20 and HP-UX 11.00.  The compile went fine.  Logging in on the system
used for the build works fine.  However, logging in on a different
system (where the newly compiled openssh is installed) results in the
following error:

Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

I have tried several things I found in some other threads:
ChallengeResponseAuthentication to "no"
UsePam no

then I get the following:

Permission denied (publickey,password).

Why would it work for one system and not another with the same OS?  I
did not use the PAM option for the 10.20 compile (could not find the pam
headers), but did for the 11.00 compile.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

--

Steve "Wheat" Belt              Motorola, Inc.
Steve.Belt at motorola.com         6501 William Cannon Dr. West, MD OE341