OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, Solaris 8: non-interactive authentication method prompts for a password

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Oct 14 14:08:27 EST 2003

"Itkin, Eduard" wrote:
> We were not able to configure to allow
> passwordless logins for an ordinary users, but it works fine for the user
> root !!!

Check the permissions on /home and /home/[user], I suspect you'll find one
is group writable.

Also, run the server is debug mode (eg "sshd -ddd -p 2022" then connect
with "ssh -p 2022 [options]") as the server will tell you why the
authentication was denied.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.