3.7.1p2: HP-UX 11.00 & NIS+ problems

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 15 08:34:05 EST 2003

swhatley at hal-pc.org wrote:
> When we installed OpenSSH 3.7.1p2, we could no longer ssh into the root
> account.  The following message would appear in the syslog.log:
>
> Oct  8 19:20:38 myhost sshd[22179]: User root not allowed because account is
> locked

3.7.1p2 had a couple of bugs on HP-UX in some configurations (trusted mode
and shadow passwords are the ones I know of, and it looks like NIS+ too).
Most have been fixed in the recent snapshots, but I've also got a patch
that accumulates just the HP-UX fixes:

http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/openssh-3.7.1p2-hpux.patch

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)