HP-UX 10.20 assistance

Darren Cole dcole at keysoftsys.com
Wed Oct 22 05:25:48 EST 2003

Robert,

	I have gotten it to compile on hp-ux 10.26 with gcc 3.3.1. and gmake
3.74.  I don't know what version of openssl I used, but I think it was
the latest as of a few weeks ago.  Once compiled only the client works
correctly.  sshd doesn't work (at least not built straight from
openssh's source).  So I'm not seeing the compile problems you describe
(maybe 10.26 is enough different not to have that set of problems).  Of
course once you get it compiling your more likely to have a working
sshd as 10.26 sshd problems have generally been because of the Trusted
CMW features.

	I suppose you could try setting DISABLE_LASTLOG in your config.h, but
since I'm not having the problem I am only guessing.  The comments say
that will disable ever trying to get lastlog info.  Looking at the
loginrec.c I am guessing that lastlog structs are giving you problems.
Might get you compiling even if ultimately it isn't the final solution.