Privilege separation

Dan Yefimov dan at D00M.integrate.com.ru
Thu Oct 30 04:13:24 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Markus Friedl wrote:

> > > privilege separation as a compile time option requires far more
> > > changes. i'd like to see no compile time options at all,
> > > but that requires some rewrite.
> > >
> > OK, hence what exactly is wrong/missing in my patch (please don't only tell me
> > you dislike the idea itself of it - I've already got that) ?
>
> it's too big

The patch introducing privilege separation was much bigger. In general I see
no constructive dialogue between me and you to be turned out - there will always
be millions of thought up justifications for not wishing doing something.

> and i dislike the idea.

No comments...

> Privilege separation would be made optional last.

2all: Is there at least one maintainer around in the list that would simply
apply that simple patch without such unreasonable resistance? Up to the moment I
heard no proved criticism against that patch.
--

    Sincerely Your, Dan.