Combining Transparent Proxying with SSH Port Forwarding

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Sun Sep 14 01:51:56 EST 2003

In message <3F5F897E.2030904 at doxpara.com>,
Dan Kaminsky writes:
[...]
>    There are intrinsic problems with running UDP payloads inside of a
>TCP stream.  We'd also need a new SSH payload type, and I don't expect
>to see that happen without a very good reason.  Provide a list of
>circumstances where UDP forwarding would be extremely useful...this
>might help.

We access other sites remotely using ssh. We tunnel device error
streams (log files, console servers) back to our site for developing
monitoring application. We also tunnel VNC and X over ssh.

We would like to make SNMP queries over ssh in the same way we can
talk to tcp services over ssh.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard