openssh on NeXTstep

Michael Weiser mweiser at fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Sep 23 22:33:20 EST 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> NeXT platform has really not been directly supported since 3.5. =)  I'm
> surprised it even compiles since I've had to pull harddrives from my next
> box to do SCSI card testing under my Ultra 10 sparc box.
That's a pity - I've got two NeXTstep m68k boxes here which run quite
smoothly.  If it's only access to a machine it's perhaps a possibility to
run NeXTstep i386 in VMware or bochs. I used it in both and they work
quite alright, although the NE2000 emulation of bochs doesn't work with
the NeXTstep 3.3 NE2000 driver.

> Not sure why it would crash in mysignal()  that code had been pretty
> constant.
It still seems to have something to do with it since sshd comes up and
complains about unfound keys when I comment the signal define in
bsd-misc.h like:

/* #define signal(a,b) mysignal(a,b) */

What is the actual purpose of mysignal()? Is it safe to just remove that
define? I've diff'ed openssh 3.7.1p1 against 3.6.1p2 and found that in
some places mysignal was replaced by signal and in others the other way
round. Also the above define was added. *confused shrug*
--
Micha