Problem with OpenSSH 3.7.1p2

Mike Lambertson mlambert at csc.com
Thu Aug 12 00:02:57 EST 2004

I was just forced to upgrade to OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 for security reasons. This
has apparently caused a problem with PHP/libcurl:

[...conf.d]$ /etc/init.d/httpd restart
Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.2: undefined symbol: ENGINE_load_private_key

I have searched for a solution to this and come up dry, even on
openssh.com.

On a local forum it has been suggested that I need a version of libcurl to
be compatible with OpenSSH 3.7.1p2. If so, what version would that be? If
not, what would you suggest?

Otherwise I need to revert to OpenSSH 3.5

Other info:
RedHat 9.0
PHP 4.2.2

Thanks,