Problem with OpenSSH 3.7.1p2

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Aug 12 00:34:19 EST 2004

Mike Lambertson wrote:

> I was just forced to upgrade to OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 for security reasons. This
> has apparently caused a problem with PHP/libcurl:
>
> [...conf.d]$ /etc/init.d/httpd restart
> Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf:
> Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so into server:
> /usr/lib/libcurl.so.2: undefined symbol: ENGINE_load_private_key
>
> I have searched for a solution to this and come up dry, even on
> openssh.com.
>
> On a local forum it has been suggested that I need a version of libcurl to
> be compatible with OpenSSH 3.7.1p2. If so, what version would that be? If
> not, what would you suggest?

Neither libcurl nor OpenSSH would care about the other.  Your error
looks like either libcurl or php is built against a different version of
the OpenSSL library to what you have installed.

The other possibility is that LD_LIBRARY_PATH has changed or something.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.