Pending OpenSSH release, call for testing.

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Mon Aug 16 15:04:17 EST 2004

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Matthew Clarke wrote:

[..]

> Most configure scripts need "sed"; you can always reduce the number of
> external dependencies and side-step this issue by going farther back in
> time and using:
>
> 	foo | sed '2000q'

Then you run into the sed issues.  Like Solaris' horrible line size limits
on their older version.

Kinda sucks that FSF had to break rank.  I'm sure a lot of people are
going to run into this problem in the near future.

Kinda like the whole crap around 'nslookup' and the removal of '-' in
Linux's 'ps' program.  Stupid things done for stupid reasons.

<yawn>

- Ben