Pending OpenSSH release, call for testing.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Aug 29 22:20:21 EST 2004

Darren Tucker wrote:
>     OpenSSH is getting ready for a release soon, so we are asking for
> all interested parties to test a snapshot.

I want to thank everyone for their efforts in testing, it was much
appreciated.

I have attempted to collect all of the stuff uncovered during testing
but was not critical enough to make the release.  I think they've all
now been committed except for those listed below.  If you found
something that's not on that list and not in tomorrow's snapshot then
please assume it's been missed and re-send it.

Remaining known issues are:

* tests hanging during $TEST_SHELL -n script (Tru64, Solaris 2.6)
Setting TEST_SHELL=ksh in the configure block seems to be the right
solution to this?

* head -1/head -n1 with recent GNU utils (bug #912)
Need to decide on what to do.  head -n may not work on older platforms.

* Only copy basic Windows environment (bug #915)
Patch awaiting review.

* ssh_gssapi_storecreds called to late for PAM (bug #918)
Someone who knows krb5/gssapi want to comment on that one?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.