Pending OpenSSH release, call for testing.

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Aug 17 08:42:52 EST 2004

Darren Tucker wrote:
> Hi All.
>     OpenSSH is getting ready for a release soon, so we are asking for
> all interested parties to test a snapshot.

The call to ssh_gssapi_krb5_storecreds()  will call do_pam_putenv() to add
the KRB5CCNAME to the PAM environment. But this call is too late
to be useful for any PAM modules.

The call to ssh_gssapi_storecreds needs to be moved from
the do_exec to the do_setusercontext before the call to do_pam_session.

If this is done, I can remove the last of my local changes from OpenSSH.
This change was to call to a routine to get an AFS PAG and token using
the Kerberos cache obtained by either GSSAPI, Krb5 or PAM.

I have this working as a PAM session routine on Solaris.

This would also mean that eventually the USE_AFS code could also be
dropped as this can be done by PAM. It also takes away the pressure
of trying to get OS vendors to compile OpenSSH with USE_AFS, thus
making it easier to use OpenSSH and OpenAFS using the vendor's
supplied OPenSSH executables.

Attached is a modification to move the ssh_gssapi_storecreds call.
I can submit this as a bug if needed.

Thanks.

  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue