column width and xterms

Eric Wertman wertmane at comcast.net
Mon Aug 30 02:56:01 EST 2004

The client doesn't seem to matter... mostly I see the behavior running
an xterm through eXceed or using PuTTy, but that' just a function of how
I get my work done.  The problem usually occurs when I initially re-size
the window.  If I ssh in, and maximize the window, the column width
change isn't picked up.  Seems like if I use `su` or `clear` (or ssh to
another box from there) after I resize the window the problem will
sometimes go away.  I'm going to try tomorrow and verify the exact
circumstances when it doesn't.

Thanks;

Eric