Submitting code

Michael Hill michael at mhill.net
Tue Aug 31 16:02:53 EST 2004

Hello, all.

When packaging OpenSSH releases, for a long time I've been converting
the man pages for sshd and ssh into sample config files, to ensure that
the options described in the config files were up to date with those
actually supplied by the code.  Nearly two years ago, I tired of the
tedious manual process and wrote a Perl script to do the work for me.
It's called man2config.pl, and I'd like to submit it for possible
inclusion with the OpenSSH code (OpenBSD base as well as portable).

I am attaching a tbz2 file containing the output generated from the
3.9p1 release; I hope it's a small enough attachment to avoid annoying
anybody.  :^)  Please note that the generated configs contain about five
default settings that I consider important; these are set within the
script, and can be changed if need be.

Please let me know if/how I should submit the Perl script.  Thanks for
your time & consideration.

--
			--Michael

Michael Hill   <><  Isaiah 9:6 |
michael AT mhill DOT net       | # find / -name '*[Bb][Aa][Ss][Ee]*' \
Aerospace/Software Engineer    | > -user your -print | xargs chown us:cats
http://www.qadas.com/~msh/     |
---In a marketplace (like the one of ideas), not everything has equal value!---
Did you ever notice that everybody in favor of abortion has already been born?!