Status of Sun BSM/Auditd Support ?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Dec 19 11:36:00 EST 2004

Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> About a year ago it was pointed out to me there was BSM support in CVS that
> would hopefully make it into a release soon.

Right, but it's in Bugzilla, not CVS.

> I had a look over it and it looks
> like it covers everything (it certainly covers more than the 3 or 4 things we
> do here at USC).
>
> So I'm wondering what the status of that is? Is it planned for a release soon?
> Are there issues with it? This is a really big feature we are waiting for at
> USC.

I was working on it a while back, but I had trouble testing it (I
enabled BSM on my SPARC but it didn't appear to be working, and I'm not
sure if I'm doing something wrong) and got sidetracked.

If someone wants to volunteer to test it (and possibly help me with BSM
on my own box) I can update the patch to -current and hopefully get it
over the line this time :-).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.