password expiration warning messages

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Feb 5 18:17:51 EST 2004

Vanessa Vaz wrote:
> I'm using openssh on Solaris.  I noticed that the password expitation
> warning messages are no longer displayed in the login banner.  Any idea how
> to correct this?

Assuming you're using PAM, this should be fixed in the next release
(there have been several fixes relating to messages from PAM modules).
You can confirm this by trying a snapshot:
ftp://ftp.ca.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/snapshot/

Alternatively, there is a series of patches that add expiry handling
(warnings and forced changes) to 3.7.1p2 here:
http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.