SSH Shutdown and CVS

Andrew Bell acbell at iastate.edu
Thu Feb 12 06:51:17 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a problem with using openssh and cvs.  CVS on my client forks an ssh
process, send stuff across the ssh connection to the CVS server.  The CVS
server process, forked by sshd, exits, but the CVS client hangs, waiting
for the ssh process that it forked to die (CVS has closed the pipe that it
uses to communicate to ssh).

Can you tell me why the ssh process might hang if the remote command has
exited?  Can someone summarize the shutdown process so that I can schlep
through the code and look for the bug.

Thanks,

-- Andrew Bell
acbell at iastate.edu