OpenSSH-snap-20040212 and the use of krb5-config

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Sat Feb 14 07:53:06 EST 2004

With openssh-snap-20040212 the configure.ac when it finds a
krb5-config file, does not call the AC_DEFINE(GSSAPI) or
AC_CHECK_HEADER(gssapi.h...) This means that GSSAPI and HAVE_GSSAPI_H
are not defined, and thus GSSAPI is not built.

If I rename the kerberos provided krb5-config file and run configure,
the old method of finding the Kerberos lib and include directories
is used and OpenSSH builds with the GSSAPI.

There is also a seperate issue with the MIT version of krb5-config with
finding the location of gssapi.h. Its in thier .../include/gssapi which
is not returned by the krb5-config --cflags.  I have reported that to MIT as
a seperate bug.

 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439