PKI and SSH

Gregory Seidman gss+ssh at cs.brown.edu
Tue Feb 24 09:23:08 EST 2004

Due to unpleasant (but arguably valid) policy changes at work, any SSH
server within the work firewall must accept only PKI authentication.
Unless we can convince the higher-ups otherwise, we will also have to
use the commercial SSH server within the firewall. Of course, I should
be able to use whatever client I like. Unfortunately, it is not clear
that I can get OpenSSH to use PKI authentication. A bit of googling
turns up a patch, but nothing too certain or clear. Does OpenSSH support
PKI authentication? If so, how do I use it?

--Greg