PKI and SSH

Jay Libove libove at felines.org
Wed Feb 25 00:58:46 EST 2004

Several people answered about the X.509 integration patches for OpenSSH.

I wonder, do the policy changes affecting Greg require integration with
a specific external PKI (e.g. MS, Verisign, Entrust), or would those
policy changes be satisfied by simply using asymmetric cryptography,
which is built right in to OpenSSH's ability to perform (require)
authentication by pre-shared public / private key pairs?

-Jay