What is print_pam_messages() used for ?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Jan 16 12:11:59 EST 2004

Ralf Hack wrote:
[snapshots]
> I will try it. However, the messages are created in
> do_pam_account()->pam_acct_mgmt(). Unlike other parts, this one does not
> have a conversation function installed. Therefore, I doubt that you will
> receive these messages in the first place.

For sshv2, do_pam_account is called by sshpam_thread which has already
set the conversation function to sshpam_thread_conv, so the messages
should go to the keyboard-interactive device.  Currently, however, the
messages returned with the failure will not, since the kbdint
conversation ends as soon as the authentication fails.  I'm not sure
what to do about that.

> I also noticed that I couldn't convince you yet that HAVE_SETPCRED and
> USE_PAM are mutually exclusive in session.c:do_setusercontext(). On the
> danger that you won't trust my bug reports for the rest of my life, this
> is true. The #ifdefs are staggered so that USE_PAM is _only_ in the
> #else branch of HAVE_SETPCRED. I spiced to code with #errors to proof it
> to myself.

You lost me there.  Do you have a another bug report someplace?  In my
copy of session.c, #ifdef HAVE_SETPCRED has no #else branch...

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.