unexpected problem

Bachman Kharazmi bkw at lindesign.se
Sun Jun 27 00:12:11 EST 2004

I've had a dedicated box running for ages in my LAN without any kind of
problems. Ssh has been installed and useable till tomorrow when a problem
pop up.

KERNEL: 2.6.5

no server or client settings have been changed. I can ping and nmap the
host without any kind of problems. Bellow I'll paste a verbosed ssh try.

bkw at tellus ~ $ ssh -vvv neptune
OpenSSH_3.8p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to neptune [192.168.1.13] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/bkw/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/bkw/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/bkw/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version
OpenSSH_3.8.1p1
debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.8p1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I've tried to ssh to the host as diffrent users without any luck. My big
problem is that I've no physical access to the host atm so I'am not sure
there's much more I can do about it atm than pray.

I've also learnt that setting up a terminal server with serial connections
can be useful.

I'am graceful to any reply or explination.
/bkw

(by misstake I sent this mail to the private dev list first)

cellphone: +46 707 310 886
bkw at linuxmail.org
uin: #24089491
LUND - SWEDEN