GSSAPI support in 3.8 ?

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Fri Mar 12 05:12:45 EST 2004

* sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk (sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk) wrote:
> I've now completed testing some minimal patches for backwards
> compatibility. They're attached to this email. Please note that these
> patches are made available purely for the purpose of simplifying the
> migration path - new users should have no need for them. Instructions for
> their use are at the beginning of the patch.

Many thanks Simon.  I'm looking into using this patch to provide a
migration path for Debian users moving from the old ssh-krb5 package
(which was ssh with your GSSAPI patches) to current ssh (3.8).  Two
quick questions- first, what are your feelings about the patch?  Do you
think it's stable/usable enough to be distributed widely?  The default
will be off with a note about how to turn it on to interoperate with
other systems.  Second, does the GSSAPI in 3.8 do everything your older
GSSAPI patches did?  From what I've seen it looks like they do but I'd
like to make sure- server verification using Kerberos (external-keyx?),
ticket forwarding, etc?

	Many thanks,

		Stephen