Feature request

Martin Kluge martin at elxsi.de
Mon Mar 15 03:55:13 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a small problem, I want to specify the SSH password via the command
line:

root at bla:~# ssh -dmypassword user at host

I know this is insecure and normally it is better to use key based
authentication to log into the remote system without specifying a password,
but in my case, this is not a possibility.

So would you accept a patch to add a new command line option (suggestion: -d)
to specify a password directly on the command line?

This option would of course only be enabled if the configure script has been
called with a special option (--with-insecure-cl-pass for example).

We also could use a ":" to separate the username and the password:

root at bla:~# ssh -l user:password host

Please reply off-list, because I'm not subscribed.

Thank you,
Martin Kluge
--
Name      : Martin Kluge