Feature request

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Mon Mar 15 04:48:35 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 05:55:13PM +0100, Martin Kluge wrote:
> So would you accept a patch to add a new command line option
> (suggestion: -d) to specify a password directly on the command line?

This has been requested before but declined because it promotes insecure
behavior. (Your system may be isolated, but all aren't and it's usually
possible to see any arguments of all processes in the system.)

I seem to remember discussion about accepting the password on a file
descriptor however. Search the mailing list and bugzilla.mindrot.org.

//Peter