3.8p1 password expiry, Solaris 8

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at acs.rutgers.edu
Fri Mar 19 10:50:31 EST 2004

I have just tried expiring a password on Solaris 9 box running 3.8p1 and it
works with keyboard-interactive authentication, but does not work with
password authentication. If I just expire password with passwd -f, then I
simply get permission denied. If I also clear it, passwd -df, then I first
get a prompt for the password and then permission denied.

  -Dmitry.