Connection caching?

Christian Vogel chris at obelix.hedonism.cx
Wed May 5 04:23:12 EST 2004

Hi Jefferson, hi openssh-unix-dev,

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 03:27:12AM -0400, Jefferson Ogata wrote:
> > If "session" == "SSH session" that's what you've got now.  What we're
> > disagreeing about is the value of making additional restrictions within
> > a single SSH session, for the reasons listed above.
> By session, I mean a remote shell or command (albeit composite) invocation,
> obviously.

Isn't a configuration option "MaxNumberOfChannels" exactly what you are looking for
Jefferson? Set it to 1 and it would do what you expect, disabling the use of more than
one concurrent session. Seems easy to implement to me, would that be accepted
by the maintainers? Is my view of the ssh-protocol to naive? :-)

This could have either semantic of:

	- allow only N concurrent channels at a time
	- limit the creation of channels in one session to N

	Chris

--
Windows (ms): Will install needless data on whole system