Connection caching?

Jefferson Ogata Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov
Wed May 5 15:56:22 EST 2004

Christian Vogel wrote:
> Hi Jefferson, hi openssh-unix-dev,

Hi, Christian...

> Isn't a configuration option "MaxNumberOfChannels" exactly what you are looking for
> Jefferson? Set it to 1 and it would do what you expect, disabling the use of more than
> one concurrent session. Seems easy to implement to me, would that be accepted
> by the maintainers? Is my view of the ssh-protocol to naive? :-)
>
> This could have either semantic of:
>
> 	- allow only N concurrent channels at a time
> 	- limit the creation of channels in one session to N

I was thinking something along those lines. But I believe port forwarding, X11
forwarding, agent forwarding, and perhaps other activities each consume a
"channel" throughout the life of an established ssh session. What's really
needed is a limit on the number of shell channels allowed in a single ssh session.

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt at noaa.gov>