PRNGD 0.9.28 released

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Tue May 18 02:28:17 EST 2004

Hi!

I have just uploaded version 0.9.28 of prngd. It does fix a hang in an
endless loop under certain conditions. I have never seen this myself on
HP-UX but I have received some reports, more or less all from Solaris 8
users, one of which finally lead to the correct analysis.
Problem: after calling waitpid(), errno is evaluated for the case of
waidpid()=0 even though errno is not set in this case. If errno had
the value "EINTR" at this point, an endless loop condition arose.

It is recommended that users of older versions of prngd upgrade to 0.9.28.

Additional changes are related to minor bugfixes (possible core dumps due
to NULL pointer access in snprintf()) and platform support.

  http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/personen/jaenicke/postfix_tls/prngd.html

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus