sftp Client for Windows XP

Saju Paul saju.paul at emergis-systems.com
Fri May 28 23:05:22 EST 2004

Folks,
Excuse my ignorance on the subject but I'm new to OpenSSH and have been
tasked to write a 'sftp' Client for a home-grown application that runs on a
Windows platform.

The answers to my questions is probably on the List Archives but I'm not
able to find it even after a few search attempts.

So here goes...

1. Is it possible to even write a custom 'sftp' client for our application
on the MS Windows platform ?  (my system uses Windows XP on a standard Intel
based processor) on which I'll need to be able to build the OpenSSH
libraries (libssh.a, libopenbsd-compat.a and any others) at a minimum.

2. Does Windows support OpenSSH or vice versa ?

3. If OpenSSH cannot be used are they any commercial versions of SSH that I
might be able to use ?

Thanks,
Saju Paul

ps: On a system running Fedora (version of Linux); installed the portable
OpenSSH version 3.8.1
on it; Ran local loopback tests with ssh & sftp. Both work Okay.