RedHat forks OpenSSH?

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Sat Nov 13 01:26:38 EST 2004

* Sergio Gelato (Sergio.Gelato at astro.su.se) wrote:
> * Chris Adams [2004-11-11 08:16:17 -0600]:
> > Someone said that Debian is considering or will likely make the same
> > change (again because of the DMCA).
>
> As far as I can tell (after searching the archives for "openssh acss")
> the matter hasn't been brought up on debian-legal yet. One has to wonder
> what informed that Someone's opinion.

The fact that I've seen similar things on debian-legal previously.  As a
Debian developer, it's one of the lists I tend to read.  Debian also
tends to assume upstream isn't distributing things which are very
questionable.  What that means is that, you're right, it hasn't been
brought up on debian-legal, probably because it hadn't been noticed.
With RedHat making the change the question will probably come up on
debian-legal before long and if there's much doubt about it it'll
probably get removed- in the same manner as it was removed from RedHat,
which is the only way to remove the threat.

	Stephen